Problem with External Dial block

Problem with External Dial block

Postby rodrigo » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:06 am

Hi,
I am using a system trunk without user and password. It is working (in fact I can perform and receive calls) but from the Asterisk console I see that he is rejected.

In my IVR project, containing the External Dial block, I see this error:
Unable to create channel of type 'SIP' (cause 20 - Subscriber absent)

Maybe because the trunk is considered rejected?

thank you
rodrigo

Re: Problem with External Dial block

Postby Shuttle Team » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:08 pm

Hello Rodrigo,
the registration string, that you use to register xCALLY (Asterisk) to a provider or external gateway, works ONLY for the INBOUND calls.
The SIP registration is not related with the OUTBOUND calls.

The OUTBOUND CALLS are managed as follow:
Asterisk routes the call to the HOST that you have set in the TRUNK of interest (you should have configured the route).
Eventually the provider uses the SIP username and password to authenticate the call or it uses simply the IP address from which the call is arrived.

The error Subscriber Absent means that Asterisk can't find the trunk of interest in his PEER.
You can use the command sip show peers and if you don't see the TRUNK of interest (or if it is unreachable), the OUTBOUND call can't work.

Solutions:

1. Try to correctly route an inbound call on the trunk of interest and, then, launch the command sip show peers (maybe the provider is unreachable after long timeouts).

2. Check that the host of the provider is reachable.

If you can't solve this try to contact the provider to understand if he receive your call (for example the xCALLY IP can be blocked...)

We hope that you can solve the problem!
Shuttle Team

Return to Cally Square